So, in ten days, I’m going to be 22 years old? Wow! It’s really been a long time coming. It’s a few years since I crossed my teen and since then, it has been a syndrome to feel bad on my birthday for having to grow up. OMG!!! I miss being a kid …but hey!!! It’s all human to grow up and human rights to feel bad..lol…anyway that was by the way.
I just felt the need to share a little bit of the things I might not necessarily have done, have been doing or have not done well enough over my last 21 years of life…
More like a resolution, here are the goals I have set for myself when I finally turn 22…
1. Laugh as much as possible
2. Believe in myself and surround myself with people who will lift me up and not bring me down just for the sake of it.
3. Learn to trust my instinct.
4. Dream big. i won’t think about it nor care about what others think…after all opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink
5. Make friends and keep in touch with them, and always remind them that I’ll be there for them no matter what, but hey, I won’t be scared to turn my back and walk away from people who hurt or bring me down constantly. After all, its my life, I don’t only deserve to be happy, its my right to be as happy as I can be.
6. Tell my family and friends I love them more often. Everyone likes to be reminded of how much you love them….<3
7. Do something completely unlike me every once in a while and not scream YOLO before doing in…lol…I’m such a bad ass.
8. Be myself always and embrace my weirdness…I’m weird because I talk to my self, lol sometimes I need professional advice, I’m weird because I don’t like to watch tv, I’m weird because I can be VERY shy, but I’m not going to lie, I learnt to be me and to embrace my weirdness and it feels good.
9. When an opportunity presents itself, I’ll grab it and do the happy dance.
10. Take as many pictures as I can…I know I’ll cherish the moments for sure one day.
11. Stand up for my religion, my country, my rights, and my loved ones.
12. Verbal and physical violence don’t resolve anything. Peace and love are the key to a better life. No matter how cliché that may sound.
13. Occasionally see the glass as half full…life is all about how you handle those roller coasters.
14. Travel with friends to…well, I’ll think about that lol
15. Not to grow up too fast. A day at a time, by so doing, I’ll stay young at heart forever.
16. To be afraid of no man. To be fearless, hold my head up high and do whatever makes me happy!
17. To find those teachers and seniors who used to punish me in elementary and high school and beat the crap out of them!!! Lol just kidding
18. To win the affection of children…I love them…sincerely hoping and looking forward to having mine in a few years
19. Not to feel guilty of the things I do or listen to. There’s no such thing as a guilty pleasure. I enjoy listening to all 2pac songs I come across, so what? #face palm
20. Lay on the grass, stare at the stars, stay awake until I see the sun rise…oh!, i love mother nature. How I wish I could be her man. Lol
21. Express what I think or feel in the way that suits me the most. Whether it’s talking, writing or whatever…
22. To try my possible best to do all I listed…
23rd of September is going to be my birthday…call me +2347062720709 *winks*